Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Nifty Thrifty Mama Blog Mission Statement

This is not a "how to save 50% on your grocery bill" sort of blog. This is not a "never pay full price for anything ever again" sort of blog. Nor is it an "I bought all of my kids' school clothes for less than $20 by shopping garage sales" sort of blog, a"how to shear your own sheep, weave your own yarn, and hand-knit all your own clothing" sort of blog," or even a "we grow and eat all of our (100% organic) produce, and you can too!" sort of blog. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those things, it they're what you're into.

This blog is about one person's desire to learn how to give her family the best home life possible by jumping in and doing things... not making every decision based on how much money it's going to cost, but on how much it's going to benefit our lives in the long term. It's about taking the extra time to learn how to do something myself if that is a practical decision. It's about learning how to be more appreciative for the things that I have and the people I'm surrounded by, and about making more conscientious decisions about how I spend my time, energy, and money. Ultimately, I suppose it is about trying to be better where there is room for improvement, and being gracious when I make mistakes (because I will make mistakes). It's a blog about cooking, cleaning, parenting, shopping, crafting, loving, and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment